Red rear lights to amber

A selection of how to perform specific tasks on your low.

Red rear lights to amber

Postby tone » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:43 pm

Yeh i'm still about & yeh still on the look out :sarcasm: ,
now the other day i was working round one of my regulars Atlantic sports cars ( sells mustangs etc ) & was flicking through issue No 222 of classic american, and noticed a cool tech feature
on fitting yellow/amber LED's behind your original red yank lens so they turn orange when switched on. It didn't look like a 2 minute job but what a result, i have thought about this problem before ( for when i finally do get my hands on something ) and not wanting to fit nasty amber lights to your motor that look like they've just come of a trailer, this is defo the way to go :great:
Just thought i'd share the knowledge :biggrin:
I make it look easy.......
tone
Club Member

Re: Red rear lights to amber

Postby jon » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:36 am

Also, even better news, VOSA or whoever have changed the law so that the indicators can/should be the same style/colour as the time/place of manufacture so older Yank cars can run RED indicators with no problem :great:

you can buy amber LED bulbs that fit into original bulb holders now so thats easily acheived too, the only issue is where (like on a g-body) the indicator and rear light are on the same bulb (dual element) as i havent seen a amber and red bulb :whistle:
there is no old school, thats just lowriding like its supposed to be!
jon
Site Admin

Postby chris » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:56 am

thats cool that you can run red indicators looks much nicer when there like that. did you contact the guy selling my old monte tones? it only made £2000 on ebay reserve not met
chris
Club Member

Postby tone » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:15 pm

chris wrote:thats cool that you can run red indicators looks much nicer when there like that. did you contact the guy selling my old monte tones? it only made £2000 on ebay reserve not met

No mate i didn't bother, TBH for ME ( mr fussy ) & for the money he's gonna be asking it just has to many things broken/missing or not working, i've got my eye on something at the mo which is 100% stock i just need to save up a bit more cash.
I missed out on this one which was in NJ not far from that guy i know from R & R hotrod imports
some old boy owned it from new it was garaged all the time etc, so my man arranged to go and have a look at it went all the way to long island & the tossers who were selling it, sold it ! no phone call or nothing :grrr: !! He still got to have a look at it & said it was an absolute peach, It was up for $2200 and was well worth shipping over.

Something will come up :biggrin:
I make it look easy.......
tone
Club Member

Postby chris » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:26 pm

jon wrote:Also, even better news, VOSA or whoever have changed the law so that the indicators can/should be the same style/colour as the time/place of manufacture so older Yank cars can run RED indicators with no problem :great:

Where did you get this info Jon?
chris
Club Member

Postby jon » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:27 am

Mot tester

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4
there is no old school, thats just lowriding like its supposed to be!
jon
Site Admin

Postby chris » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:38 am

I had a massive argument last week with a police officer about my red lights on the truck lol he was certain you wasn't allowed red lights I fought my corner and eventually he gave in haha but when I got home I looked all over the internets and even the latest articles state you cant have red lights...
chris
Club Member

Return to How 2's